What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you purchase an online course, join our mailing list, fill in a contact or booking enquiry form for a workshop. When booking or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. When bookings are received for children under the age of 18, the information must be provided by the legal guardian.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails to our newsletter list
- To respond to your contact request
- To personalise your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website
- To improve customer service
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please fill in the contact form or send us an email and we will remove you from any future communication.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, sending out online store orders or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- We use a secure server across all of our sites and membership portals, which is checked for malware weekly. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
TERMS OF ENROLMENT
Any parent or guardian enrolling their child into one of our child or youth workshops agrees to the following:
I agree to the terms & conditions of enrolment:
Photographs and/or video and/or audio recordings and/or interviews may be made during the course/workshop and may feature the students. These may be used for marketing or training purposes. This may include, but is not limited to, demonstrating the course and the fun the students are having in magazines, brochures, newspaper articles, videos, websites, and other electronic media. When enrolling a young person into an It’s Just a Girl Thing Workshop you will be given a consent form in which you can choose to either give consent or opt out of allowing photographs and video of your child.
As the parent/guardian, I acknowledge that It’s Just a Girl Thing is sharing a range of information, facts, research, and opinions with the girls that is not intended to be taken as personal medical advice. I hereby release, discharge and/or otherwise indemnify and hold harmless It’s Just a Girl Thing, its affiliated organisations and sponsors, volunteers, their contractors, and associated personnel, including the owners of venues and facilities utilised for related courses or workshops, from all liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered by the student as a consequence of her participation in this course, including in the unlikely event of death or personal injury.
It’s Just a Girl Thing reserves the right to cancel or change the course/event in any way at any time. In this instance, we will endeavour to provide you with as much notice as possible. In the event of the course being cancelled by It’s Just a Girl Thing, a transfer will be issued for a future event, or a refund issued, whichever you prefer. If circumstances change and the student cannot make the event, the enrolment may be transferred to another person, or the student may transfer to a future course. In exceptional circumstances we may provide a refund at our discretion.
SHOPPING WITH US
- Shipping time varies from 3-20 days
- If your item is faulty or damaged please contact us and we will replace this
- There are no refunds for change of mind however we are happy to offer you a store credit